I got jealous of all the lovely summary posts people are doing at the end of the month, so I decided to do one of my own.
My October in links :
- I loved Ryan Gosling’s sketch about the Papyrus font on Saturday Night Live https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=jVhlJNJopOQ If you’re only planning on clicking on one of those links, make sure it’s this one!
- I giggled at this hilarious article about Tinder from the archives of The New Yorker https://www.newyorker.com/humor/daily-shouts/i-am-a-tinder-guy-holding-a-fish-and-i-will-provide-for-you?mbid=social_facebook
- I enjoyed reading the history of Oxford University’s first black student http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-40429917
- I got seriously annoyed with a Mississipi school for taking To Kill a Mockingbird off their reading list https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/oct/14/to-kill-a-mockingbird-harper-lee-mississippi-school-reading-list?CMP=fb_gu
- I worried about the sexist culture of Hollywood (it was hard not to, this month in particular) https://www.ft.com/content/73e0f67e-ada9-11e7-beba-5521c713abf4?myftTopics=f967910f-67d5-31f7-a031-64f8af0d9cf1#myft:my-news:grid
- I loved Bill Amend’s napkin comic about ‘smarter’ phones https://www.instagram.com/p/BaFM6sqHCSt/?taken-by=borednapkins
These were just some of the articles I shared on litcritpop’s facebook page this month….
What were your favourite online reads this October?
Featured image: pixabay.com/ freephotocc