I really enjoyed taking part in this challenge,run by Karen@Books and Chocolate .It was a bit more difficult than I imagined, and I definitely didn’t read as many of the books this year as I would have liked. In the category of “A Classic that Scares You”, I put in Herodotus Histories, and I got through 400 out of 750 pages, so although I can’t count this category as complete, I was still quite pleased with myself!
Here’s the list of categories that I did complete:
- A 20th-century classic. Joseph Conrad The Shadow-Line
- A classic in translation. Gustave Flaubert Madame Bovary
- A children’s classic. Louisa May Alcott Little Women
- A classic crime story, fiction or non-fiction. Agatha Christie Murder on the Orient Express
- A classic travel or journey narrative, fiction or non-fiction. Jack Kerouac On the Road
- A classic with a single-word title. Charlotte Brontë Villette
I have to say that I am glad I have read every single one of those books! They were all incredibly interesting reads. I really think the challenge helped me get the motivation necessary to get reading.
Looking forward to the challenge next year!